Tuesday 9 June 2020

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Ch 2

Translated by : Gsekka


"This child's name?"

I was surprised by the maid's unexpected proposal, but it was natural if I thought carefully.

Humans needed a name.

I was not born from the crotch of a tree, I had a father and a mother, and one of them gave me the name 'Kite'.
There's no reason not to named this child.

After thinking for a while, I tried to say a certain name.

――But Chloe get the better of me.

By the way, names like Homu-chan, Homu-ko, and Kurusu are unacceptable. So I'll decline it first.

"As usual you're really picky when it comes to naming"

"Naturally, It's concern the future of this child after all"

"Homu aside, isn't it good with Kurusu, it's cool right?"

"but this child is a girl?"

"What's wrong with a cool name for a girl!"

When she hears those words, Chloe sighs with a pose of "yareyare".

"As usual, master has no naming sense. even when master made Chloe too, because it was a mechanical doll, 'Maton' from automaton, or because it was a doll then name it 'Dooru'."

"Now that you mention it, I remember being opposed realy hard."

"Chloe is also a girl after all, if she is given sheep's like name like that, Chloe can't never shows her face to the world."

"But I think 'Muton' is cute, too"

"Master is, if black dog will be Kuro, and a calico cat will be named Mii-can right"

"umu, That's me"

"For the Giver it's not a problem, but please consider the person who will be given. If this child grow up, and in the future, someone ask about her name, "My parents half-assedly give it on the spot", imagine her answering like that."

"u,umu....."

Gazing at the smiling baby in his arm. Indeed that's will be miserable.

For example, The origin of my name, when I was born, I saw a kite rising outside the window.

Apart from that, I did not feel much from it, but when this child is an adult, she may be sad if her name comes from an half-assed origin.

"Certainly it's looks pitiful with Homuko and Kurusu. Let's think about it properly ."

"As expected of master.''

Chloe is pleased.

"By the way, Chloe. How did you decide on your name?"

The moment she heard that word, Chloe made a blame statement, "Did Master really forget that moment of fate?", but immediately told me the origin.

"Chloe is the name of woman who is master's first love."

"Was it so?"

"That's right. At that time, Chloe heard it properly."

(I'm 1000 and 26 years old, even if you say it's my first love. I don't remember well)

That being said, it's inevitable that Chloe mood worsened, so I decided to keep silent.

Now, to keep Chloe's mood from worsening any further.

At the same time to reassure the baby in my arm.

I entrust the baby to Chloe.

Then began searching for book in the room scattered by the explosion.

The ancient magic dictionary caught my eye.

At first, I thought it would be appropriate to add it from the novel I'm reading, but that was ridiculous.

Name represents the body.

The concept of Kotodama also exists in this world.

This baby needs a good name.

For example, if you give it a name like Chloe, she might end up growing into a cheeky girl from a cynic-shop like Chloe. I want to avoid that.

Flipping through the dictionary.

Due to being magic dictionary, there were many proper nouns, but it was difficult to find an appropriate name.

None of them are suitable for a person's name, and even if they are suitable for a person's name, none of them are suitable for a girl.

"I wonder if I should exclude G and Z. It doesn't look like a girl's name when it starts with dakuon."

As I conclude that way, I start searching with F as the entry. After turning a few pages in the dictionary, my fingers stop.

A certain word fly into my eyes. A piece of wood was sandwiched there, making it easy to open.

As I read those word.

"――Fiona. It's Fiona"

It was a word that I read a jiff, but when I put it in my mouth, it felt somewhat strange.

It matched the baby perfectly like the word was made for this child from the beginning.

The maid who is dandling the baby, Chloe asks.

"Master, that's 'Fiona' word, what does it means?.

"It's means 'Fortunate Girl'."

As I answered that, Chloe rarely praises me.

"It's a very nice name. It's a name that Kite-sama will not think of."

"I didn't think of it. It was written in a dictionary."

"It happened that a wonderful name was written right."

"Well, I don't think I would have chosen it unless the wood pieces were caught."

"Then maybe this name has been prepared for this child, it may have been thought by an ancient mage."

"Why do you think so?"

When asked, Chloe smiled and said.

"Because this girl looks very happy when Chloe whispers "Fiona" in her ears. It's unthinkable other that her favorite right?"

Looking at the girl.

Certainly, the baby laughs innocently like an angel when she heard the names Fiona.

When I see that smile, I though.

What a cute smile.

Having lived in this world for over a thousand years and immersed myself in research, I first learned that there's something more important in this world than research and the sage's wish.

"Fiona..."

When I mutter the name again, I made up my mind.

To raise this child.

To make this child my daughter.

To make her into a splendid lady.

If there's anything that try to hurt this child, even dragon will not be safe.

That's how I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment