Tuesday 23 June 2020

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Ch 7

Translated by : Gsekka


Now then, our party decided to stay in the Noble-sama's mansion.

Literally, we received a hospitality with a sumptuous feast.

Naturally, this is because I've saved the countess of otto after all.

I was being served while attended by the house's butler and the maids.
"The Madam's savior are the same as our savior"

Thus, we're being given hospitality as if we're royalty.

When we woke up in the morning, the maid will bring us clothes and a cup of coffee.

Of course, the clothes are brand new, and the ironing is done. Everything seems to be a first-class item made by a top-class tailor in the royal capital. Maybe each of it are about one maid's salary for a month?

And even the breakfast, which is served after that is done alongside the Otto's family with the same menu.

Whole-wheat baked bread served with plenty of butter.

If you desire it, honey and jam were all-you-can-get, and if you wanted something salty, a caviar were served.

In thousand years I've lived, it's an expensive fish roe that I been able to ate a few times only.

As expected of the Earl House.

...Just that, Although caviar is all-you-can-eat, the others are not particularly luxurious.

Like, I was asked about how I want my eggs to be cooked, is it boiled, fried, or scrambled.

Besides the bacons and the sausages being first-class product, they're not much different from the one we usually eat.

It seems just because you're a noble does not mean you get to eat a lot of luxury food every day.

The usual meals were not really different compared to that of commoners.

In the first place, I don't know if it fine to treat a commoner and a sage who have lived for a thousand years in the same rank.

After finished eating breakfast, there's a spare time until lunch.

Because there is a wonderful study room, I shall have a look inside!

Fiona spends time by playing with children of the Otto house and reading a picture books.

A few hours are only a moment for me, who has lived for a thousand years, but for a kid, those hours are probably many times longer and more valuable than me.

It's really easy to imagine.

That much, they were running around the mansion happily.

Watching their heart-warming appearance makes me smiled, but at the same time I thought this way.

"...It seems Fiona really need a friends.''

Of course, Fiona usually lives in my house.

There were toys and dolls to play with, but no humans.

There's also a mechanical maid, however, while she has emotions, she's not a child of her generation.

There's also village at the foot of my mansion, which was a few hours round trip, but the villagers were afraid of the unidentified thousand years-old sage who was absorbed in his research.

As a result, There was no village's child to play with the daughter.

"It's been a while, since I've seen the sight of Fiona playing around so happily."

When I saw the children of the same generation, and my daughter playing for the first time with them, while having such impression, it's become time for lunch.

While the lunch wasn't so luxurious, it was made full of feeling.

Even though it was quite far from the sea, I wonder where they get to purchased it from. The lunch was clam chowder. Moreover, the taste of a first-class restaurant made by a proper cook, which is better than the one made by Chloe.

Speaking of which, Chloe doesn't sit down with us when it was breakfast or lunch. She's smilingly standing next to me and Fiona.

She is a mechanical-doll. Thus, doesn't need any food at all.

No, it's better to say she can't.

she has a special body that can live for months simply by supplying energy from the philosopher's stone in her chest.

I also explained it to the people of Otto house.

It is an absolute secret that Fiona is a homunculus, but about Chloe being a mechanical doll was okay.

Machine dolls are overflowing in the world....were not really what I want to say, but it's just they aren't an existence that can be called rare.

First of all, an emotional and sensitive mechanical dolls like Chloe is what I call rare.

Moreover if it can spew out sarcasm like this one.

While I was tasting the Otto family's clam chowder, with smile, Chloe said.

"You're showing a more delicious-face to this clam chowder rather than the one Chloe made don't you, Master"

"…………"

....Really, since when did she become a mechanical-doll that can spew out such sarcasm I wonder.

I tried to traced my memories, but, I remember that she was more innocent when she was just manufactured.

When asked about it, she held her mouth "it's just your imagination, master"and went somewhere while laughing.

According to her, she wants to absorb the abilities of the maids in this mansion by seeing the way they work, or so she says .

Well, as a mechanical doll who's also a maid, I guess she got nothing else to do.

As long she doesn't bother the people in the mansion, I allowed it.

All daylong, Chloe sought out the secrets of the Otto family's hospitality and asked the cook for the secrets of the taste.

when all the adults spend the day that way, the night has come.

Dinner are changed into a luxurious meal which centered on meat as the menu.

As expected, a dinner when there are guest staying become more luxurious than usual it seems.

Every day, high-priced meat such as beef and turkey, as well as high-grade meat, is served.

Fiona is amazed by the knife that sliced easily into the tender beef.

"Daddy, this is somehow so soft like butter. is this really a meat?"

...That's a strange way to say it.

Indeed, it's soft like butter and has a lot of fat like butter.

It seems the meats are directly procured from a dedicated dairy farm and aged in a dedicated warehouse.

This is the meal of a Royal Noble that can never be eaten around my mansion. I thought so.

After finishing such a luxurious meal, we are suggested to take a bath.

The bathtub was filled with hot water.

Naturally, there are baths in my house as well, but that of the Otto house is at different level.

It is as luxurious as an ancient palace.

The Otto family had a facility like a public bath you usually found in a big town.

"Daddy, it's amazing! I've never seen such a big bath like this!"

Says Fiona as I grabs her shoulders tightly so she doesn't run around.

It would be bad if she fall down in the bath and get injured.

After I warned her, we father and daughter get along well inside the bathtub.

"Our bath cannot be used by two people after all, right~?"

"That's right"

I chimed in.

Fiona then plays a water gun with her hands.

Did Chloe teach her? It's a quite splendid water gun.

I tried to counter it, but because it's clumsy it can't fly as well as Fiona's.

Since it can't be helped, I cast a magic spell of "water current" and release it.

The stream of water released from my palm vigorously hits Fiona's face. Of course, the power is set to the minimum.

Fiona who sees it repeatedly shouted "sugoi, sugoi!"

Teach me magic! she begged me, but it's still too early to teach her.

Anyway, seeing my daughter who splashing around with the hot water made me thought.

I wonder until how long will this child want to take a bath with me?

"I'm sure when she enter her puberty, I'll be hated if I ask her to take a bath together, right."

It was a night where I'm beginning to understand a bit of feeling from countless father who has a daughter in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment