Thursday 18 June 2020

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Ch 6

Translated by: Gsekka


The mansion of the Otto house, an empire noble, was magnificent.

The magnificence and grandeur of the mansion, made Fiona lost her words.

"..........Daddy, is this a castle?"

"No, it's not a castle. A castle is more bigger."
 "B-but it's look amazing. It is surrounded by walls, it even has a big gate."

"Well, ours don't have any walls or even a gate after all"

Sure, mine was a fairly large mansion, but it's nothing as the grand as the Otto's.

In the first place, the mansion itself was just a villa I received from a merchant acquaintance, with the architectural style was from a hundreds of years ago.

In addition, the sage who owns it has no interest in avant-garde architecture or magnificent interiors, and in the past few decades, hadn't done any repairs or even maintained the mansion.

According to what Chloe said, from the villagers at the Foothills.

"It's believed to be the witch's mansion or the heretics headquarters."

So I was told.

in short, it was a research-only facility that didn't have the gorgeousness and beauty that girls longed for.

In fact, until Fiona was born, I don't remember using any place other than the bedroom, dining room, and experiment building, saying that it would be good enough if I could stay sleep and do my research.

Moreover, when I was absorbed in my research, I mostly stayed in the experiment building, so there's time that I end up forgetting the bedroom and dining room's location.

I guess a research-idiot would mean someone like me.

"I would like master to be more interested in financial savings and our living environment."
Chloe said as she let out a sigh.

"Well, Fiona is getting bigger, so I'll be careful from now."

After saying that excuse, we were invited by the Otto house butler to enter the mansion.

The noble's wife, who invited us, left the guest room, saying that "I will go and change my clothes".

She said that it would be a shame for the Otto house to welcome a guest with clothes covered in dust.

Then, what about me, wearing a robe covered with mud?

I feel that it doesn't match with this magnificent room.

I'm afraid at the thought of dirtying this expensive looking sofa.

"I guess even master has the feeling called restraint."

"Yeah, I've forgotten it for hundreds of years, but now I remember it."

"Well, this sofa seems expensive after all."

"Oh, maybe it's a custom-made item made by a dwarf craftsman. I think it won't fall below 10 gold coins."

"And to think master can smear mud over it."

"I can't help it right. I got dirty in battle."

"Shall I bring a change of robes in the carriage?"

I try to say "Please do that", but before I could do so, the Countess of Otto returns to the room.

She has a pretty appearance.

She wear a dress that a noble's wife would wears.

No, well, she's actually a noble's wife after all.

When she came to the room, she smiled like a belle and said, "change of clothes is unnecessary."

"Of course, change of clothes shall be done after dinner, we shall prepare the change here. Until then, please relax as it is."

"But, well, I'm reluctant to get it stained with mud."

"It's a stain of honor. It's the mud that you get when you saved me. From now on, when holding a guest, when someone ask about the stain, I shall proudly talk about it, I would say 'That stain was left by the hero who saved my life'."

When she said so, she urged me to relax.

I try keep my posture as much as possible so the sofa didn't get dirty anymore than this.

On the other hand, Chloe, the maid, was sitting still like a doll.

Well, she's actually a doll.

I don't remember inputting any manners of etiquette into her, but she is surprisingly familiar with this kind of etiquette. Did she get the knowledge from reading the books in my study?

I wanted to ask if I had the opportunity, but now is not the time.

Rather than that, the daughter that standing up on the sofa and jumping was the problem.

As you can see, Fiona was flying around on the sofa, frolicking, while saying "it's my first time on such fluffy sofa".

Wa-wait wait wait, isn't this like my disciplining is a complete failure, such words come from my mouth, but Chloe say in a whisper.

"..........But that's because master hadn't done that kind of educations even once."

"...Um, now that you mention it."

How embarrassing.

After somehow manages to hold Fiona down, I speak as if to warn her.

"Fiona, you can't jump on the sofa at people's homes."

"Why?"

At such times, it's unreasonable for an adult to say that "bad thing is bad", I didn't want to be such an irresponsible adult.

I Intelligently warn her with a strict expression.

"Because this is not our home. It's the Countess of Otto's house. If Fiona bounces around like that, the sofa will be hurt, right? we can't destroy the things in other people's house."

The Countess followed up, saying "children should be a little more energetic." even so I persisted.

"I want Fiona to be a fine lady. A fine lady does not jump while she wears such a skirt."

"If I don't become a fine lady, I won't become a bride?"

Fiona while "Uuu..." asks with upturned eyes.

"You won't."

so I answered. Fiona say " I understand" then renewed her appearance.

Just like Chloe, she extend her posture and fixed her skirt.

her appearance while sitting down was like a porcelain doll. she was like a noble daughter.

Aside from my own, I've never stingy with Fiona's clothes.

I instruct Chloe to prepare only the best one.

In addition to that, although Fiona is my daughter, her appearance is beautiful. If she was dressed in such a pretty clothes and sat down like a little lady, it's not exaggerating to call her a noble daughter.

In fact, when the wife of the Otto house entered this room, she is accompanied by her children.

There were two boys and one girl, but Fiona was not inferior to them.

No, if it’s okay to put the bias of a parents, no matter how you look, my daughter are overwhelmingly cute.

While thinking something like that, The wife of Otto house had the maid pour the tea and served some baked sweets.

The Otto's children ate in a refined manners.

On the other hand, Fiona returned to her original childish-self the moment she saw her favorite baked sweets.

She grabbed the sweets by hand, put it in her mouth with 'mogumogu' and ate it deliciously.

"As expected, the difference in her upbringing are shown in such place...."

I let out a sigh, but it's not a negative one.

Certainly I really want Fiona to be a fine lady, but it's not like I want her to be a noble daughter.

I liked my daughter, who smiled and ate deliciously like Fiona, rather than the children who ate elegantly in front of her.

――I honestly think so, even without the bias of a parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment