Monday 8 June 2020

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Prologue

Miss this series at the same time trying to revive it.
This is my first time translating, and of course with the help of MTL.
I hope you can give me feedback.

Translated by : Gsekka


The wise man has three wish.

One, to have an immortal body.

Two, to create the Philosopher's Stone.

Three, to create life from nothing.


I've been devoted to my research for more than thousand years, in order to make all three wish come true.

In order to fulfill all three of these dreams, I've spent a thousand years in research.

The fact that I have been alive for a thousand years itself seems to have made me immortal, but I am not perfect yet.

Although my appearance was youthful, it was only eternal youth, not immortality.

My vitality and resilience were also extraordinary, but if My head was chopped off, I would indeed die. However, I was confident that I would not die if My arm was cut off.

"Well, I guess I need to do more research on immortality.

I speak to my assistant, a maid.

The girl with the silver hair.

"I'm sure you can accomplish this, Aruji-sama."

She smiled.

By the way, she is a byproduct of my second dream, the creation of the Philosopher's Stone.

A young girl with silvery hair, she was dressed in a maid's uniform. For all intents and purposes, she was just a pretty girl, but she too was ageless.

Even though she is made to look like human, she's just a doll. she is a mechanical doll with a heart of philosopher's stone.

A flawless Philosopher's Stone would make her a machine that would run forever, but alas, her heart needs regular maintenance. She cannot operate without replacing the pseudo-Philosopher's Stone.

"I guess this one is a bit incomplete too."

"Yet, there are few wise men in this world who have achieved eternal life or who can create the Philosopher's Stone."

She proudly praised my accomplishments.

"This world's oldest-aged wise man is 3,000 years old. Kaito-sama has maintained his longevity to the point where it's faster to count from the top."

"I'm getting tired of living so long these days. Well, I'm just over a thousand years old now, right?"

"It's 1000 and 26 years old"

"I see, so I guess I've finally crossed the 1000s mark. look like I've become "Arasar sage". Around Thousand Years Sage"

"Master not counting your own age?"

"Human, as expected will get tired if they live that long. it's become troublesome to count our own age. Well, I'm not willing to die until I finish my research, though."

"What a splendid resolution"

As soon as she said that, the silver-haired girl began to speak.

"By the way, Aruji-sama, may I make a very difficult request?"

"What? If it's the pseudo-Philosopher's Stone, I just changed it for you."

"That's not it. Actually, the wyvern with the second name that we had been keeping for experiments seems to have escaped."

"What, just something like that?"

"Yes, something like that..."

"it's probably hadn't gotten far yet. Besides, I was just about to procure the wyvern materials to fulfill my third ambition. Good timing."

After saying that, I put on my robe and headed for the laboratory building.

"Aruji-sama, don't you need to take your wand with you?"

"Does Chloe think I will have a trouble against a mere wyvern?"

"Oh, I suppose that's fair enough."

The mechanical girl said with a smile. 

When I arrived at the experimental building, I found that it had been ransacked by the wyverns.
 
he cages had been destroyed and papers were scattered about.

It seemed that Wyvern had been locked up in a cage for a long time and had accumulated a lot of stress.

"What an ill-mannered wyvern."

"I'd like to see a wyvern that knows how to do tricks."

"Indeed."

After saying that, I started to engage the wyvern in battle.

A few minutes later.

The girl in the maid's uniform took out a pocket watch from her pocket and muttered to herself..

"1 minute and 40 seconds"

When I heard that, I let out a sigh.

"Did it takes that long? even though In my peak I could done it in 30 second flat.

After saying so, with [Acceleration magic] I  grab the wyvern by the throat ring and snap its neck. The wyverns collapsed helplessly.

"Perhaps it's because I've been doing research for a thousand years. I guess I've lost my edge. Well, it doesn't matter."

My ambition is to achieve all three of the Sage's greatest desires. It didn't matter if my own abilities were declining or not.

"Now then, let's take on the biggest challenge of the wise man's three greatest desires. Now that I've got the right materials."

I look at the wyvern that I just killed.

"Do you actually need the wyvern's materials to create new life?"

"I don't know. The Dwarf in the flask――Homunculus. I mean, there are as many wise men as there are stars who have tried to create Homunculus, but none of them have ever succeeded."

"So, Aruji-sama will be the first to accomplish this feat, right."

"I hope you're right. Anyway, according to some literature, to make a homunculus, you need the liver of a wyvern powerful enough to have a second name. I think I'll give that a try."

As I said that, I took out a dagger from my pocket and tried to stab the dagger into the wyvern's stomach.

I wanted to take the liver out and put it in a flask.

But, there was a miscalculation.

The wyvern, who I thought was dead, went berserk the moment I thrust the dagger into his stomach.

I thought I had broken his neck and robbed him of his fighting strength, but as expected from a wyvern with a second name. It was quite an impressive feat of resilience.

When Chloe saw it, she panicked and said, "Oh, dear, oh dear," but I kept my cool and killed the wyvern. I thrust the dagger into the heart instead of the stomach..

The dagger manage to pierce it's heart. However the wyvern still made its final resistance. it spat out fireball from it mouth and unleashed it at Chloe.

Not good!

I didn't expect that. Chloe is a mechanical maid. Her fighting prowess was such that any average warrior would have been dealt with with one hand. The real problem was the chemicals behind Chloe's back..

There are Elixirs as a miracle medicine, and mithril powder as an explosive. If you set them on fire, this experimental building will be easily obliterated.

With that in mind, I cast [Acceleration] to grab her shoulders, and then directly cast the magic of [Barrier].
At the same time as the [Barrier magic] was deployed, a thunderous explosion rang out in the experimental building.

The blast filled the room, scattering valuable chemicals and books. Some of the walls and ceilings of the laboratory building, which had been designed to be sturdy, had collapsed.

For the time being, I looked at Chloe's situation.

"Are you injured?"

I asked, but she smiled and said, "Thanks to you, Aruji-sama, I don't have a scratch on me."
It was a doll-like inorgnanic smile, but I'm glad she didn't get hurt.

――While thinking so, Chloe left my side and headed to the debris.

Then she pulls out some object from the rubble.

Bringing it to me, she says. 

"Aruji-sama, Aruji-sama, we have a serious problem."

"What could be worse than the experimental facility blowing up and burning precious mangodras, elixirs, and rare books?"

I said it with sarcasm, but she didn't pay any attention.

I said sarcastically, but she did not respond in kind.

"Yes, Aruji-sama. It seems that Aruji-sama is now able to call himself the Great Sage. It appears that you have reached the truth of magic, which is a wise man's longing."
 
Chloe say that as she reveal the object in her arm.

There was a small life, waving it's hand vigorously.

He, no, she, as if flaunting the newborn life.,

"ogyaa, ogyaa!"

She cried out.

Chloe had me hold her in my arms and said

"Aruji-sama. It seems that Aruji-sama has become the world's first wise man to successfully create a homunculus, a dwarf in a flask..."
 
Chloe paused there and then added, "At the same time, you became the father of this baby. Now that you're a father, you'll have to give her a name."

Chloe insisted innocently and began to search through the mess of the room for a piece of cloth that could be used as the baby's first clothing.

As I watched the scene as if it were someone else's business, the baby licked my thumb.

It seemed to think it was a breast.

The desperate look on her face was very cute.

Somehow my chest is filled with a strange feeling.

Whatever it was a maternal instinct or maybe an awareness as a parent, I will figure it out later. but I can honestly say that this is what I feel right now.

"Oh no, my daughter is too cute."

Thus, the wise man became a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment