Friday 19 February 2021

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Ch 10

Translated by: Gsekka

 

Entering the study.

Inside, there was a single woman sitting on a chair.

She sat in her elaborate chair while crossing her legs.

And she wears a strangely exposing outfit.

Whatever magic is, it's the art of manipulating the providence of nature, and the correct appearance of a mage was to expose their skin to the outside air as much as possible, that is her theory.

Therefore, from the very first time we met, she was always dressed in clothes that were difficult for one's eyes.

Also, the person herself aware of the true value of her beauty.

She seems to be familiar with the charm of her own body, and was good at deliberately crossing her legs and playing with the man's gaze with her lustrous appearance.

However, that scheme doesn't work for me.

Certainly, the beauty of this witch deserved special attention.

The bright red hair and eyes that look like they are dyed with fresh blood are very attractive, and the faint scent that makes you feel magical.

However, the age of this witch is 1000+ 200 years old.  

No matter how attractive she looked, when you think about it there's something that a let-down.

There's no way I could see someone over 200 years old of my age as romance targets.

When I think so, she, Iris Seymour had a moody look on her.

"A herbivorous as always. Because it's been decades since my foolish disciple had visited, I even spend time to dress oneself up."

"I admire Shishō just like my own sister. I can't see a family member like that."

"Love is more exciting as there are more obstacles. Forbidden love between a big sister and younger brother. Isn't it hot?"

"I don't have such a hobby!" exclaimed me, but Shishō bent her mouth, saying,"well, that's ok."

"If I was told that I couldn't be a love target because of my age, I would be hurt, but if I was told that I was like a sister, I don't mind. It's true that I raised you like my real brother."

"I am really grateful for that. By the way, it's been a thousand years since I met Shishō. At first, I never thought I'd have such a long lasting relationship."

"... Just now, did you emphasize the number 1000 ? Did you count your age and my age at the same time?"

Said Shishō, getting a little irritated.

I asked her while being amazed.

"Shishō. It's been decades since we seen each others, but are you still worried about your age? Excuse me, but after counting over 100 years old, I feel like there's an error ... ... "

"Error? About what? You have to count your age properly. By the way, I'm not over 100 years old."

"... well, Shishō, when I first met Shishō, I was about 13. It's been over a thousand years since then, so at least a Millennium is over――"

She forcibly interrupts my words.

"What are you talking about? I'm only 17 years old?"

"Well, 17 is a bit ..."

"No, I'm 17. I'm 17 years old and 14196 months old. "A maiden in the first flush of youth" is probably indicating a girl like me."

"T-ten thousand..."

It's a well-calculated one. Or maybe she always counting in case of a situation like this?

With an attitude that balances her arrogance and irreverence, She boldly claims that she is 17 years old.

"Hah ..." and breathe lightly.

This witch is always like this.

Well, even like this Shishō is still a woman. She wouldn't like a gentleman to discuss her age unnecessarily. And treating her as a 17-year-old maiden works well.

I could have shouted out her actual age (which I only know because I've known her for many years) and pointed out that she was reading the orbit of the moon for hundreds of months, but even if I did that It doesn't mean anything.

Well, in the first place it doesn't make sense, and you may be killed if her mood turn bad.

Actually, when I first saw her face, she had a gentle expression, but now it has changed.

Her face was laughing, but her eyes weren't.

It feels like magical power is gathering into that hands of her.

Hundreds of years ago, when she quarreled with another wiseman at a magic academy, she has the same look as now.

After that, she instantly killed a wise man who mocked her age in a front of whole audience during the conference. Well, maybe only a half-kill.

Of course, that became a big problem, and Shishō was disciplined for a year, the said wiseman couldn't even show up at the academy, and no one touched the matter about her age again.

The nickname of the blood-stained witch come from the bloodstain that was attached at that time.

'Not because I am a redhead' Is her usual joke, but anyway, it would be a wise choice not to mention her age.

To change the topic, I decided to show her my daughter.

Now, I would like to introduce my daughter to "maiden in the first flush of youth" which is my sister. Since Shishō is my sister, will that means you will be her aunt?"

Well now, she's a bit noisy about her age, but what about honorific name?

I was worried that she would get angry when she was called an "aunt," but it seemed to be a unnecessary concern.

"There are some aunts in the world who are younger than me. If I care about some honorific, small wrinkles will increase. Not that I have small wrinkles, though."

 She affirmed that and gave Fiona the privilege of calling her "Aunt".

I feel honored about that and whispered in Fiona's ear.

"Fiona. This person is my Shishō. Also she's a parent that raised me.

"Is she Daddy's mother?"

"She's more of an older sister than a mother, so call her Aunt."

When I said that, Fiona nodded, "Un," and said, "Nice to meet you, my Aunt!", Lifting the hem of the skirt and greeting.

Seeing that figure, Shishō raises a voice of praise.

"Hou, it's wonderful. Even though she grew up in the hand's of a man, but know the way of etiquette."

"I am sure she's imitating the children of the Otto's family."

Until a few weeks ago, she wasn't a daughter that would say greeting like this.

There wasn't an aristocratic daughter's like greeting like this, but a more straightforward, a childish child.

Perhaps if she hadn't stayed at the Otto's family, she would greet her more vigorously and jump into his Shishō's chest.

Well either way it's makes Shishō happy.

She walked up to Fiona and held her in her arms.

And position Fiona to sit on her right hand.

It seemed to be her own expression of affection, and she also seems to be inspecting Fiona.

"Hmmm, weighs around 17 kg. she looks like a 5-year-old child. "

After saying that Shishō turned to face me.

Then cast the [Telepathy] magic.

[I wonder if this girl is unaware of herself being a homunculus.]

[Of course. Or rather, I have to do so. I has no courage to reveal her birth secrets to her.]

[A wise choice. If you manage to hide it this far, then continue to do it. At least hide it until this child grows up.]

[I'm planning to do that. But...can this even child grow up?]

[What do you mean?]

[If you look at history, it seems that there are some mages like me who have succeeded in creating homunculus, but the homunculus that was born seems to be short-lived. Maybe this child too...]

[So you mean this child will follow the example of her predecessor. Well now, That's something unfathomable to me. but in the past, all the homunculus born were literally dwarfs in flasks. Most had a frail body that couldn't even get out of the flask. But what about this kid? The way she breathes in the outside air and has growth. I am not god so I don't know how long this kid will live, but at least we don't have to worried about today or tomorrow.]

[... I'm relieved that Shishō tells me that.]

She took a breath there and continued.

[And you seem to be worried about the growth rate of this girl, but the homunculus that appears in all the literature in the past is growing fast without exception. However, when they reaches a certain age, they seems to be at the same speed as humans.]

[I see, That's a relief.]

[It's trouble me if she die in a blink of an eye, even though my intimacy has sprung up.]

Declare Shishō so ironically, and lowered Fiona to the ground.

Canceling the [Telepathy] and switch to speaking normally.

"Ah, so heavy. At this rate, I can't freely hold her in the next few months. At least it's impossible for me as "maiden in the first flush of youth". Well, it's proof that she's growing up well."

After saying that, She spoke to Fiona.

"Fiona. I will have the maid prepare sweets. Is there anything you want to eat?"

Fiona answers cheerfully.

"I want to eat apple tart!"

"I see, I understand. Let's get it ready."

After Shishō said so, she called the maid and ordered her to make an apple tart.

Then look back towards Chloe and add:

"I'm going to talk to this foolish disciple. I don't want this girl hear it, so keep this girl away from this room."

Said Shishō with a dignified look and tone.

Chloe then bow down respectfully.

Chloe thinks that I and Shishō will talk about an important matter that will determine Fiona's future.

"Please leave it to me"

She bowed deeply.

Then Shishō says.

"People despise me as a blood-stained witch, but just now I became an aunt. I don't want to do anything that will make my niece sad."

When she affirmed that, she looked at me.

"And this foolish disciple will never take the option of making his daughter sad. Chloe, rest assured and accompany her to eat the apple tart."

She laughed, saying that this Seymour's apple tart is the best in the empire.

Chloe also smiles back.

"Then, let's steal the secret of the taste and give it to you someday as the second in the empire."

When she said so, she held Fiona's hand and headed for her guest room.

As I saw them gone, I sat down in a chair as recommended by Shishō.

A long discussion will start from now on. During that time, I couldn't feel the necessity of standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment