Monday 22 February 2021

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Ch 11 Part 1

Translated by : Gsekka

Part 2 will out tonight. 


"Now, let's talk about my dear niece's path."

His Shishō, Iris Seymour. A strange-aged woman. while rearranged her legs in front of me, cut to the case.

The Mirodin's witch asks me with her bewitching smile.

"First of all, you think of that girl as your own daughter. That's no doubt about it, right?"

"I am honestly though her as my own daughter. Even if we're not connected by blood ."

"Blood is thicker than water, but bond is deeper than the bottom of the sea, something like that?"

"That's right. Now I can only think about the happiness of my daughter."

"I never though, You, who were expected for the future and promised status as Great Sage, but abandoned it and ran away from worldly affairs, would utter such a worldly lines."

Shishō then laughs with a self-deprecation.

"Honestly. If the me from two years ago know, I bet I would be really surprised."

"You will not easily believe it, That's just how much of a research-idiot you are. Well, maybe it's because of your dislike to secular world?

"...I am aiming to be a Research-idiot character by myself"

"No, you just someone who pretended to dislike secular world and immerse yourself in research. you're Just a man who's doing research because you'd obtained an immortal body, and had a lot of free time to waste."

"You really assert me highly, huh."

"Of course I am, do you know how much I missed your talent. If you are seriously walking on the path of a wiseman, Around this time you will be the seventh Great Sage. No, you be an existence that will lead this world as the leading Great Sage.

"That just to exaggerated..."

"That's still to humble"

Shishō let out a sighs.

"...Your magic power and talent surpasses me. Even If, right now you start to aim for the top as a mage, you will be able to gain the strength to surpass even me in a blink of an eye. "

"Then...it means I will be the strongest in the world."

"That's what it means to surpass me."

"Then it's impossible. I can't surpass my Shishō."

"A Shishō is something that can always be surpassed by a disciple. It's a classic story."

She then breathe out, and said, "well...that's one case is fine" and end it.

"Well, at this point in time I don't want you to be my successor anymore, and I'm not telling you to change your point of view, because being my successor means getting your hand drenched with a lot of people blood."

Certainly, there was an option to become her successor without me confining myself doing research in the mountains.

Just like her, being covered with profanity, and use the magic I'd learned inside the human society.

Just like her, to serve a court somewhere and use my magic power in actual battles.

However, I felt that kind of path is not suitable for me.

No, it's definitely not suitable.

There are some people that just not suitable for it.

I don't want to use magic as a weapon of war. I don't want to use it as a tool for political disputes.

It's true that there was such emotion inside me.

However, even if I said it now, it will only bring trouble.

That's how I lived for hundreds of years. I couldn't change my way of life anymore.

I apologize while bowing my head.

"I see....Then, there was never an option to become a court mage or become a military mage――."

"That kind option is not suitable for me."

It was useless when I tried it once a long time ago. And It won't change over the course of hundreds of years.

On the contrary, it may have been more deteriorated.

Due to the existence of Fiona, I became disgusted of killing people with magic.

I'm truly sorry, but I can't walk on same path as her.

That's how I declared, but her expression didn't cloud whatsoever.

"Well, People have this things called destiny. There's woman like me, that's even if being called blood-stained witch doesn't raise an eyebrows, while some gentlemen like my disciples, are merciful even to the leeches that suck his blood. Even then, the world is still going be fine. Even if you force a change now, you won't get good results."

Declared her. then she strips off the notepad on the bulletin board.

Without standing up, without casting any spells.

If it a simple magic, she doesn't need to chant, or even need to move.

The notepad peeled off itself as if it had a will, and headed for the trash can.

"I wanted you to migrate to some country and receive asylum as a court magician there, but that plans came to nought, huh."

Reveal her muttering to herself.

Nearly half of the notepads were peeled off. Or maybe that was the best way, to guarantee the safety of me and Fiona.

Asylum in the empire's enemies will at least protect us from the devil's hands of the empire and the Holy Church.

I can also train my strength as a military mage to protect myself and Fiona from enemies. That way I may be able to gain the power to protect Fiona from evil clutches.

Maybe I've abandoned my Shishō's best move, but even then, she still doesn't abandon me.

She looks into my eyes with her scorching red eyes.

It feels like being sees through by a witch, but still, I doesn't look away from her.

Did she found out my aptitude with that magic eye?

She strips off a note on the bulletin board and gives it to me.

"This is..?"

"Probably the best path you should take"

I terrifiedly take a peek into the notepad.

If she said it's the best, then there was no other choice, that's what it means. I trusted the eyes of Shishō and her abilities to judge people.

What was written there was the name of a certain magic academy.

"Leangrad Magic School"

It was a nostalgic name. As this was my alma mater.


No comments:

Post a Comment