Monday 22 February 2021

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Ch 11 part 2

Translated by: Gsekka
 
 

When I was little, I was picked up and raised by the witch in front of me.

After that, I became a student at the Leangrad magic School, where she was teaching at the time. There, I learned magic and became a mage.

It was obvious that she was aiming for the second coming of it.

At this time, "I don't want my daughter to be a mage." Don't spout out selfish lines like that.

Said my shishō to take control of the situation.

"Not everyone that becomes a mages will end up like me. They can be a person like you who avoids murder, and after getting a qualification as a mages, some girls get married, some become librarians in the magic library, and some people also become medical mages."

The point is, it depends on what you have in mind, about what is a mage, concludes her.

"In other words while I become a teacher at Leangrad, I will have my daughter learn there, that's what it means? Certainly, if it Leangrad, neither the empire nor the Holy Church can touched it."

'You really though about this, huh' I am not gonna say that, though.

It's because I didn't think about this method either.

The Leangrad Magic Academy is located between the empire and a territory that borders the republic.

The republic is the only country with the force to compete with the empire, and it is at the top of my list of asylum destinations.

It was a country that has fought for supremacy with the empire for many years. And between the empire and the republic there exist a small country. That is the Principality of Leangrad.

The Principality of Leangrad, as the name implies, is a country governed by the Grand Duke.

However, that title was not received from the empire, as its origin is way older.

It is also known as a major power country of magic, and has a powerful army of mages, whose armed forces are regarded by both the empire and the republic.

The fact that it exists between the two countries and manages to maintains independence proves the extraordinariness of the Principality of Leangrad.

While creating a presence that cannot be underestimated by both countries and other major powers, Leanngrad has never made a noticeable behavior and has maintained its independence for thousands of years.

It has declared permanent neutrality and kept the interference between the two countries away.

Therefore, the Leangrad Magic School has developed as the best school of magicians.

Regardless of the place of origin or birth, It's accepted many human resources and have made a name as a prestigious school of magic.

"Leangrad Magic School, huh..."

I unconsciously muttered that name again.

"Are you reluctant?"

"It's not like that, rather I am thankful for the condition."

If you put an end to that word, it will be a complement.

"Setting aside whether me being a teacher is suitable not, its the best condition for my daughter. she will have the opportunity to study at a prestigious school and make friends of the same age."

"Then, will you raise your hands and agree?"

"...Whether or not my daughter will eventually become a magician, it's not a bad educational environment."

But still...

"The Leangrad Magic School is a prestigious school. The written exams are difficult, and you must have a talent as magician. And above all you also must have connections."

"There's no need to worry about the connections, even like this I am still a former teacher. and even now I am still lending my name to the director."

"Age is also an issue. I'm sure Leangrad could only be enrolled from the age of 10."

"That will be settled by time. You only have to stay at my house for about a year. During that time, that child will grow up to about 10 years old. In that year, you can prepare for the written exam."

"It is easy to say. but you'd know how difficult it was right, the exams over there."

It makes me laugh unintentionally, but what is more worrisome is her talent as a magician. There is nothing I can do about this.

Theory can be learned from two of the world's best wiseman, but only the magical talent can't be helped.

That's because magic is about skill and at the same time, talent.

Even if you teach a spell to an untalented person, magic will not work unless you have magic power in your body. In my opinion, my daughter, Fiona, has no magical talent.

I can't find any sparkling of magical power on her body.

On the other hand, my Shishō seems to disagree with that opinion.

"That girl is a homunculus. She is a dwarf in the flask. There is no reason why such a girl has a hundred of talents now. She will surely blossom her talent in the near future."

"Any proof why you so sure about that?"

"Of course. That girl is your daughter and my niece. I'm sure she has an extraordinary talent."

The witch smiled with such conviction, And her conviction was right on mark.


A month later, after I started staying at this mansion and preparing for the entrance examination of the Leangrad Magic Academy, my daughter's magic has awakened.

That was exactly when I went out shopping in the city.

The incident happened when I returned to the Seymour's mansion after visiting the bookstores to buy a textbook for the exams preparation.

When Chloe took her eyes off for a second, she 'Fiona' climbed onto a tree in the garden of Seymoar's mansion. Climbing a tree itself was done energetically, but the problem was it's height.

She climbed the giant elm tree without thinking ahead.

The tree is about 10 meters. And the reason she climbed was a very Fiona-like reason.

She climbed onto the tree in an attempt to return the little bird chicks that had fallen, into it's original location.

Then I mustn't give her scolding for doing this.

...That's what I thought.

In fact, I couldn't even scold her when I got report that she has fallen.

My Shishō even praise her for doing so.

"O Fiona, well done." using that kind of praise.

That's because my daughter, Fiona was unharmed when she fell from the top of the tree.

She awakened her magic and used it to protect herself.

She activate the magic "Fly" that we didn't even teach her to protect her body from the fall.

And from the next day, she started flying around after getting permission from me.

As she immediately brings in a difficult task.

"umm, The kitten can't get off from a high place."

she smiles and asks for a flight permit.

Of course, I couldn't refuse.

I was preparing to cast support magic under her just in case, but it was no use.

With the second activation, she perfectly mastered the magic of "Fly".

I stare at my daughter stroking a kitten with mixed feelings.

And a Shishō who stares at me with a grin.

Apparently, as she predicted, my daughter has a magic talent.

I got no choice but to admit it.

Anyway, the path of me and my daughter was decided in this way.

When she is about 10 years old in height and weighs, we forges her documents and sends it to the Leangrad Witchcraft School as a "human."

And I will be the "teacher" there.

It seems that it is the best, or rather, this is only one way left.

I decided to receive the cat from my daughter who came down from a high place as if she melted into the wind.

By the way, the kitten was a black cat.

The black cat living in the witch's house is said to be a symbol of good luck.

I hope the Leangrad magic School will be a happy place for me and my daughter.

While thinking like that, I kept stroking the kitten.

The kitten meowed, "Nyaa", whether or not it knew my feelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment