Tuesday 16 February 2021

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Ch 9 part 1

Part 2 will complete tonight

Translated by : Gsekka


We said goodbyes to the people of the Otto house.

"Due to various circumstances, I can't be a tutor of the Otto family."

After saying our refusal, I told them that we had to leave.

The Countess hung her head in disappointment.

"If I had been able to get a wise man like Kite-sama to teach my children, their standing would definitely have been as good as guaranteed."

I was happy she said it even if it just a flattery, but anyway, I say goodbye to the Otto house who had 

been taking care of us for the past few weeks.

When Chloe whips the carriage's horse, the carriage begins to move.

The people of the Otto house saw us off until the end.

They waved their hands until the carriage disappeared.

Fiona also screamed, "Let's meet again!" And waved until the mansion disappeared.

Seeing that figure, I said, "How surprising."

"What do you mean?" Chloe asks without turning around.

"No, I thought she'd be more selfish. like saying she want to stay more longer and live in that mansion."

When I say so, Fiona shakes her head.

Her blonde twintails sway.

"I'm not gonna say something selfish! Fiona'll be fine as long Daddy is here"

"Aren't you sad? You're parting with your first friends right?"

"If it's friend, I do have it"

Fiona points to Chloe as she says so.

"...Chloe being treated as a friend? I'd like you to call me a mom here."

Chloe pretended to cry, but Fiona ignored it and then took out the doll from her luggage. It's a bear doll. It's the so-called teddy bear.

"This child is also my friend!"

And she pushed her friend to me.

"Its name is Juno, so Daddy don't have to worry, because I have two friends."

"... I see. Fiona already has two friends."

When I said that, I lightly stroked Juno's head.

"If I can stay with Daddy, anywhere is fine. As long I have Daddy I don't need a mom. So Daddy, stay with me forever."

Fiona saying that, hugged me with Juno.

The warmth and scent peculiar to a small children was transmitted.

Maybe, Fiona had felt that from my expression, that right now,  we are in some sort of trouble.

Fiona is a clever child. 

She can read something from the slight changes in the the adult's expressions.

"Dear me, like this, I'm disqualified as a parent"

No...for causing a child to worry like this, he was disqualified as an adult before as a parent.

I mustn't cause my daughter to worry anymore than this. I decide to change my thought process.

I tried to think optimistically.

While hugging my daughter, I promised her.

"Daddy'll never leave Fiona's side until fiona become a bride."

"But Fiona going to be Daddy's wife, you know?"

"Then, we'll be together forever!"

I jokingly said that, then added strength on the arm hugging her.

"It hurts. Daddy, it's too strong!"

Fiona unusually raise a voice of complaint, but I didn't relax my strength and said-

"That's right. Daddy is strong. If the empire and the Holy Church folks make an advance on Fiona, I'll take full advantage of this strength to show them their place!"

My ability are endorsed by the great sage Seymour.

In the past, I was regarded as the best disciple and even regarded as a successor.

Although I never been selected as a great sage, Seymour has given me her seal of approval of being as powerful as a great sage.

To deprive a daughter from such a wiseman is impossible.

It would be possible to pressure people of the empire and Holy Church to think that way.

With that resolve, I embraced the most precious being in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment