Sunday 28 February 2021

Saikyou Kenja no Kosodate Nikki - Ch 12 Part 2

Translated by: Gsekka

 

"Does it means telling Fiona-sama the fact that she is a homunculus?"

Ask Chloe, but I deny it.

"No, only that I'll hide. Only three people in this world are permitted to know that truth. Me, Chloe, and shishō, only this three people. It's alright for the person in question to be oblivious. It may be dishonest, but that's the best way to protect that child."

"That's right. That is better. Trying to fix it with 'a special space' or 'amnesia, crappy lies like that will rather makes the girl even more confused. This is where you should honestly tell her, that's her constitution is like that."

My witch's shishō also gives her approval.

If the even the witch who has accumulate 1200 years of age gives her conclusion like that, perhaps my choice is not wrong. 

As I made up my mind, I called Fiona over, and I'll explain it to her.

She came in front of us and sat in front of me.

She has a tense look on her face.

The tension in here may have been transmitted to her.

The creature called children have such a keen sense about their surrounding. It's sensitivity is really high.

I said in a gentle tone to remind my daughter and not to surprise her.

"Happy Birthday, Fiona" 

“…………”

"There's a cake here, look? It's Fiona's favorite strawberry shortcake. There are two candles on it. Do you know what that means?"

"... It's mean I'm 2 years old?"

"Exactly"

Sure enough, she seems confused. She probably got her knowledge from books. If we speak of human beings, a 2-year-old is the age at which a child finally stands up and starts walking. It is the age where one's still being treated as a baby.

Yet Fiona's body was already splendid.

I can't say that it's girlish yet, but it's starting to get rounded, albeit little by little, and there's a glimpse of femininity.

When we take a bath together, even Chloe would accuse...

"Master is a pervert."

 And,

"Lolicon Sage"

Like that, speaking ill behind my back, sometimes even right into my face.

Of course, I wasn't a pervert and I wasn't a lolicon, but anyway, She become a girl with that kind of body. Even if there are no children of the same generation around, the person in question will feel uncomfortable.

Not to mention that Fiona was even more intelligent and sensitive than a normal child. Her heart will surely be full of discomfort. 

That's why I'll speak honestly. 

"Fiona has a special body by nature. It grows unusually fast. But, from today it's no different from a normal human. Fiona should grow like a normal human.You should be able to live as normal human. No, as a normal girl."

Fiona nods with a serious expression.

"Why was I born with a body like this?"

It wasn't me who answered that question, but the maid Chloe.

She spoke the lines that she had already thought in advance.

She place both her hands on Fiona's shoulders and bend down to look at her.

"That's must be because the Holy Spirit-sama has blessed Fiona-sama."

"The Holy Spirit-sama's blessing?"

"That's right. Fiona's dream is to become a wife of a certain man, right?" 

 Fiona nodded strongly, "Un."

"Then, the Holy Spirit may have acknowledge your feelings. To get married in this country you must have a body of 15 years old. If Fiona-sama had spent a carefree childhood period, around that time master might marry another bride candidate"

"That's a problem!"

Said Fiona in panic.

"We're talking about master after all. Therefore, that's must be why the Holy Spirit given it's blessing. 'Quickly grow up and be the wife of master' like that."

"...I see, so it's because the Holy Spirit-sama has blessed me."

"That's right. It's a cheat, but that cheat is only up to this point. From next year Fiona-sama will grow up like a normal girl."

"I see. Then, it's not safe for another three years."

"That's right. In the meantime, Chloe may become Fiona's mother." 

 "E-eh ..."

"Chloe is also a splendid rival!"

As she answered Fiona's unspoken condemnation words with a smile, she turned around.

Then Chloe said,

"How about we drop it around here?"

With such expression.

I meet eye contact with my shishō.

Isn't this too simple? shishō sent me such a look. But I ended up getting on Chloe's idea.

For children, this kind of simple explanation would be better.

That's what I though.

It would be better for her to learn the complex sociality and the facade of an adults later on.

Isn't it fine for her to believe in the existence of the Holy Spirit and the chief of winter solstice festival as much as she want as a child.

I though so.

Anyway, Fiona was convinced with those words.

"Then, I'm 12 years old now!"

She smiled like an angel, then she went to the kitchen herself, and brought a big candle.  

She stabs it into the cake. 

"this is?"

Ask Chloe.

"It represents the tens place. The thick one means 10 years old."

"I see, Fiona is really clever."

Chloe laughed at that, but she is truly a clever child.

In order to accept her situation obediently and relieve the worried adults, she probably took that kind of behavior while making a smile. 

Fiona makes a cheerful expression and asks, "Daddy, light the fire." 

When I bring out a fire from my fingertips, I lit the candles.

As the light comes on, Fiona asks, "Can I blow it off? Can I blow it off?"

When I gave her permission, she filled her lungs and her cheek pouch with air and squeezed it out.

In a blink of an eye the candle's fire vanished.

The tens place candle, the thick candle resisted til the end. But Fiona's lung capacity still prevailed.

 Fiona had a triumphant look on her face, "Isn't it amazing?", she's definitely amazing. 

After that, she made the following statement. 

"Aunt Iris is 1200 years old, so it looks like I have to prepare 12 candles that are twice as thick as this."

...Certainly my daughter is amazing. Even if she makes such a radical statement, The witch only shows a bitter smile at her.

Shiso did not get angry at being told about her actual age, and responded as an adult.

"Alright, now that you put out the fire, will you eat the cake next? It was made by the best confectioner in the town. It should be delicious enough to makes your cheeks fall off."

I thought while watching this warm sight.

'Family is a good thing.'

After that, the four people got along with each other, chewed the cake, and smeared their mouth with cream.

A wise and lovely daughter.

A sarcastic but witty mechanical doll maid

A witch with broken personality but sweet on her niece.

No one was connected by blood, but, I think family must be a term used to refer to people like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment